Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Third Day

We got up to a cloudy day – kinda raining in spurts – mainly just misting. Kathie, Elliott and I walked up to the restaurant with the wireless for breakfast but it was not open so we walked another two blocks to a coffee shop that had wireless and ...cinnamon apple pancakes!! Coffee, a latte, pancakes and a pastry cost 87 rph ( 11.04 US)! And free wi-fi!

Then walked back to the apartment to wake up Ty and Nick cause we are moving to the Baptist Dormitory. The kids and Oles will share a large bunk room and Kathie and I have a smaller room with a private bath like what we had at the hotel Berdyansk the last time we were here. It is in a older section of Kyiv down by the river.

After moving in, Kath took a nap and the boys and I sent to look for a restaurant. We settled on an UNO Pizzaria (Not like the UNO's in Williamsburg!!!) We got a pizza and two orders of Sushi. I ordered a piva and the waitress wanted to know if that would be for four. Evidently they don't care if a 13 year old drinks a beer with his lunch! I told Nicky and Tyler, "No way, Jose."

We went to a basketball game after that while a friend of Elliott's was playing and then we went to Doug and Suzie Stoddard's for supper!! Great food and lotsa catching up to do with them. We haven't seen them in a long time.

Tomorrow - we go to our SDA appointment at noon - Please pray for us!!!!!

10 comments:

Q's News said...

Thanks for the updates. We're praying for a good appointment. I'm missing some of that good piva! Sounds like you haven't hooked up with Oles yet? When you do, say hi for us.
Tim and Charlene

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom and Dad, and my siblings. I am being held captive at this house somewhere out in the country. They have the biggist dog I have ever seen living next door, the thing thinks it a big shot. I am trying to be good but they expect way too much from me. There is a little boy that is always saying no Shak no. The girl that lives at this house finally pet me tonight for the first time. I think in her heart she likes me. The old lady of the house walks me 3 times a day, that is 3 miles of exercise. She doesn't want me to gain any weight, what is her problem? The grey haired man is the only sane person in this place, except when I walk through his garden, then he too goes nuts. Exactly when did you say you were coming home?
love,
Shak

Rahn's Journey said...

We are praying for your journey. We love you all

Kevin and Kim McCormack said...

I LOVE it!!!! I can't wait until you get to the orphanage! Oh. God, let the appointment go perfectly and let them get the referral right away!!! Kathie, post something! I'm using way too many exclaimation points! I found out tonight that Kairos is actually ticklish. How cool is that? I think he's starting to grieve his homeland a little. I'm glad because its normal. I think I should go to bed now. Love you!!!!

The McEacherns said...

Just found your blog and excited to follow your journey. Be sure to check out Pizza Celantano, just a few blocks off of Independence Square. Good pizza and more... potato al forno- YUM! How wa sthe concert? We'll be praying for your SDA appt. Blessings!

Trifone said...

Please say hi to Cody Alexander Schweickert when you see him. Hopefully, it is now unanimous. Let me know when you start watching Glee.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a nice relaxing time so far. May God be with you all the way!
Rob and Laura and boys

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I found your blog...we are at small group and we are reading your blog and having our own piva...yep...and it's good too. Nancy helped up figure out how to get to your blog. It is great to read about your trip so far. I (Marcia) had a hard time finding it because I was going to ukraineadoptionS...with an s and that wasn't right.
Anyway, we are praying for you all and we know God is right there with you every step of the way.

Oh, By the way, Lucy and Lola said they have been on doggyfacebook.com and they hear that Shak is out dancing on tables with pivas in his paws...and he has some pictures up that are pure...Dogs Gone Wild material...you better hurry up and get home!

Anonymous said...

Praying that everything goes smoothly. We miss Elliott in Biology class.
Diana Delgado

Anonymous said...

tmi.love it.miss all.unkie