Monday, May 31, 2010

The Boys Leave

Yesterday (Monday), Elliott, Nicky and Tyler packed and headed off on the bus to Zaporozhya where they caught the overnight train to Kyiv. They fly out of Kyiv on Wednesday morning. Thank God for Doug and Suzie Stoddard. They are really making the trip easy. Doug picked the boys up at the train station at o dark thirty in the morning and will take them to the airport tomorrow.

Here is a picture I've been wanting to post but couldn't find
until recently - our first family
photo:

Kathie and I called Elliott to call us a cab to go to eat last night and had to call him a couple of times to get supper ordered. Now we are realizing how much help he was while he was here. We had him get us a cab home while they were boarding the train. We are going to run up a large phone bill if we don't figure this out in the next day!

Kathie is making plans to for her trip home. We would like to travel up to Kyiv on Friday night but with court in the afternoon, I don't know if we'll make it - I may have to spring for a cab to Mariopal - I will definitely be stressed if we don't!

I am having a coffee american at the sidewalk cafe with the wi-fi. I looks like mud and tastes gritty - but it does have a kick! I normally have decaf so I'm probably in for a quick walk home!

I dropped off another load of laundry - that process is pretty much in auto although I was able to ask for softener this time.

At our favorite restaurant - the bavarian looking one in the park about a block from the hotel - likes to play an american '80s rock and roll radio station. They also have very good Moldovian chardonnay (although it is not chilled).

I am really looking forward to this week with Kathie without the boys (although we will have Cody in the afternoons) to have a little chill time like we did the last time we were here. Cody is a joy to have around - he is low maintenance and appears to be a happy boy. I am also looking forward to my time with him after Kathie leaves - look out Berdyansk - party time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is approaching to us and your help is essential for the orphans. Follow the link and learn how you can help or simply share this link https://hopenowusa.org, please.