Saturday, June 05, 2010

In Kyiv - Alone

I just put Kathie in a car with Nicholi to take her to the airport. I didn't go as it would cost more to go and return and I wouldn't be able to get into the building too far anyway. Nicholi knows some English and will be a big help without me. He is also taking me to the train station tonight to head back to Zaporozhya.

Yesterday afternoon we met Karen Springs and had lunch at a nice outdoor cafe and got all caught up. Karen has been such a big help, she got us the room at the mission both times we were here. I am hoping that she can get Cody and I a room when we come back to Kyiv next week. We loved talking to her - she has one of those personalities that make you feel like she is totally absorbed in everything you say. When you have teenagers at home, you don't experience that too often!!!

Kathie and I walked to Olivia's to eat last night. The food was excellent but they only had one chardonnay and you had to buy a bottle. I had a pinot griggio and Kath had a Bonjormi ( water with gas!!! I don't need to tell you why I don't drink that!!).

I am at the Coffee House (КОФЕ ХАУЗ) ; I think the first word is cafe not coffee but it sounds the same! They have free wi-fi and great breakfast food.

Oles said for me to call him if I need a cab in Zap to get to the bus or need help purchasing a bus ticket. I may need to do that!! I really like God has been giving us a lot of grace during this trip - He has put many, many fine folks in our path to help guide us and I have no doubt that He will continue - I just need to give Him the glory!!!

2 comments:

Kevin and Kim McCormack said...

How did you get your computer to type those funky Russian letters for Coffee House? I can't wait to have Kathie stateside. We had fun with Nicky yesterday. He helped Kairos pick out a new deck for his skateboard. Today Kevin, Kai, and I are working in the nursery at church. That should be fun. And we can't WAIT to meet Cody. Bless you, Dave.

Unknown said...

Kathy, I remember Sasha(Cody). We have a cute picture of David and him. I will try to remember to send it to you. He looked angelic to me back then. He is a lucky boy to be joining your family. 4 weeks in Ukraine....Wow!! I have enjoyed your blog....brought back memories! I hope David will reconnect with him.

take care,

Jean Stacks