Tuesday, December 26, 2006

December 24 & 25, 2006


December 24 and 25, 2006
I left Richmond, Virginia, at 2:35 PM on Christmas Eve day. I arrived at JFK at 4:00, got my luggage and went to the AeroSvit ticket counter in terminal 4. I was through security and at the gate by 5:15. I thought the airport was crowded for Christmas Eve! The Flight to Kiev was packed. I had a middle seat in the last section - between two Ukrainians. I felt really crowded - they slept and I had a hard time sleeping! I think I got about an hour's sleep. I arrived in Kiev at noon on Christmas day which is actually just another business day in Ukraine! It took about 45 minutes to get through customs and Nicholi met me at the arrival area.

Nickoli took me to Steve Weber's home at the CBN complex where Elliott had been staying for the last four days. He had been in Kiev for about a week. I met Steve's wife and their six children (three natural and three adopted). Their kids are beautiful, very friendly and just a lot of fun. Their littlest one is Andre and he is three and a half - he is soooo cute! They made me feel so welcome that I forgot Nicholi was waiting for me! I was kinda punchy anyway from being up so long. Yuri called me and told me that we had an appointment at 8:30 AM for the medical.

This is a picture of a hotel across the street from our apartment. It was snowing lightly all night and it felt very Christmassy for being away from home probably cause I was with my son!

December 26, 2006
Elliott and I woke up at 7:30 and got dressed and went looking for a placed to have breakfast. I forgot all about the appointment - probably because of the jet lag. I figured I had my phone and they would call me if they needed me. When Elliott and I got back to the apartment, Yuri called and said we were late!!! He didn't have my cell phone number. Yuri got us in for the medical even though we were late and we completed that at noon.

We had lunch at McDonald's (See the picture) - different from the one I had been to before and Nicholi will pick us up at 2:30 PM to get the medical results. Embassy tomorrow and then we're outa here Thursday

No comments: