Monday, November 13, 2006

Nov. 13, Medical Approval Granted


Yuri (The project manager for our adoption agency) picked us up and took us to the Medical Center to get Nicky’s physical. Nicky had to have a Hepatitus B shot. Evidently, it is a new law for children over the age of 10. The Doctor said he will need to get 2 more Hep B booster shots when in America to complete the series. Hopefully, tomorrow Olas will arrive with the new birth certificate, we will go to the American Embassy and obtain a visa for Nicky. We have made a decision to all come home this week (hopefully) and Dave will return as soon as possible to get Elliott.

Here are two pictures, one is Nicky cooking yaitzak (eggs) for him and me and in the other I am teaching him to floss (I never did it much at that age!!). Nicky is soo good - he cooks, does the laundry and vacuums!

Once again, thank you so much for all your encouraging words and your prayers. We know God is at work and his ways are perfect. We may not understand His plan, but we know we can trust it to be better for us than anything we could devise for ourselves.

Hebrews 11:1 says “What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead.
Until tomorrow…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathie, Dave, & Nicky, I am so excited that you will be home soon! You can probably count on Dave having to go back to get Elliot right over Christmas! I'm so sorry that it didn't work for Elliot to come back now too. I'm sure that he knows you will be back ASAP! I can't imagine how excited Nicky must be. And Tyler in a different way! Ty is probably dieing to know what's going on!

I keep praying - boy there is a lot to pray about these days.....

Look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Janie

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky, How about cooking some eggs for me. I like them boiled, poached, scrambled, and over easy. I just love eggs.

Here is your first bit of advice from America. Try and get some sleep on the plane before you arrive. Ofcouse, I know this is 'old hat' for you, but that jet-lag can be mean.
Much love, Diane and Grandma Snoz

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky, How about cooking some eggs for me. I like them boiled, poached, scrambled, and over easy. I just love eggs.

Here is your first bit of advice from America. Try and get some sleep on the plane before you arrive. Ofcouse, I know this is 'old hat' for you, but that jet-lag can be mean.
Much love, Diane and Grandma Snoz