Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Medicals



October 18, 2006 Yesterday was a great day. I (Dave) went with Olas to get the boys their medical exams. The picture is of the boys as I waited with them at the hospital. We spent the better part of the day going different places for different signoffs. The picture of the little girl was in the morning at the orphanage dispensary after she got a shot. She was crying a little. I wanted to pick her up and comfort her but I didn’t know if that was allowed. After I took her picture, she walked down the hall by herself to another room. It was so sad to see her so alone. As we were leaving a group of three-year-olds was going down the hall to another room. The little boys had shorts on with leggings on under them (it is rather chilly in the orphanage as they haven’t turned the heat on yet). They were all smiling and they were so cute!!! I can see why they say to fill out the paperwork for one more than you think you’re going to get! I’d have a half a dozen by now if it weren’t for the fact that I wouldn’t leave until March!

We found out this morning that our paperwork will not make it to Kiev until Friday, which could delay our court date until Monday (10-30) instead of Friday (10-27). Please pray that the judge will grant us favor to have court on October 27th, as well as the birth certificate issue for Andre….oops, I mean Elliott! By the way, Nick wants to be called “Nicky”, not Nicholas or Nick. Kathie says she doesn’t care what he is called as long as it isn’t Leonardo! By the way, Leonardo isn’t the Decaprio or Devinci Leonardo; it’s the teenage mutant ninja turtle Leonardo!! Just wanted to set the record straight.

We can receive e-mails through our cox accounts. Thanks for your comments and prayers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adverture you are having. Think of all the birthdays you will have to celebrate now. So many most beautiful days. We are so happy for you. Marcel and Carla

Anonymous said...

What a good picture of the boys! Hope all went well at the doctors' and give some extra hugs in the orphanage from all of us! Enjoy sharing your journey...you're in our prayers.
Debbie & Dale

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the pictures - the one of the boys made my evening. And yes we continue to lift you up in our prayers.
The picture of that sweet little girl breaks my heart. It's so heartwrenching to think of so many children living alone in such conditions. Yet I am encouraged by the great work God is doing now in Ukraine and I hope that little girl and thousands more like her will soon know the comfort of a mama or daddy's arms.

We are still in the "throes" of construction and our painter is an old friend of yours. Tony Ped said to tell you hello and that he will be praying for you.
Love to all! Robin

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the pictures - the one of the boys made my evening. And yes we continue to lift you up in our prayers.
The picture of that sweet little girl breaks my heart. It's so heartwrenching to think of so many children living alone in such conditions. Yet I am encouraged by the great work God is doing now in Ukraine and I hope that little girl and thousands more like her will soon know the comfort of a mama or daddy's arms.

We are still in the "throes" of construction and our painter is an old friend of yours. Tony Ped said to tell you hello and that he will be praying for you.
Love to all! Robin

Anonymous said...

I have been so busy and I am sorry that I haven't written. I LOVE reading your blog. Thank you so much for keeping us all updated on your progress. May the Lord be with you on the remainder of your journey!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

It is more than awesome to watch the articulate hand of God working all of the ins and outs of this process. I'm praying for His will throughout this entire experience, and that using this opportunity,
He will grow each of you into even a greater, deeper relationship with Himself. The pictures are great, and tear jerking! Hug each other for me....including those precious boys, Nicky and Elliott.
Love you. Cindy